Shop All Wallpaper
Peel and Stick. Removable. Easy.
Add a real statement to any room with our beautiful range of removable wallpaper designsGinger Monkey wallpaper is made from a peel and stick, polyester fabric material that can be installed on virtually any flat, clean surface and then removed and reused many times over without leaving any adhesive residue. Our wallpaper is easy to apply and will not shrink, rip or wrinkle. As the material is a polyester fabric, it is Class A or 1 fire rated, green, non-toxic and perfectly safe to use anywhere in your home. Our wallpaper murals are custom made in Australia, to your wall size.
Create A Kids Bedroom with a wow factor
A kid’s bedroom is a magical place where they rest, grow, play, and learn. However, creating a room they’ll love now and continue to enjoy as they get older is a difficult task. One thing you can do to make a beautiful room that your kids will enjoy for years is to select a stunning, timeless wallpaper as your design foundation. At Ginger Monkey, we have a beautiful Australian wallpaper range, guaranteed to bring beauty, fun and happiness to any child’s room. Here are a few tips to help you use our removable wallpaper to create a breathtaking space for your little ones.
Using Removable Wallpaper To Make A Statement
When people think of kids wallpaper, they likely imagine a repetitively printed design making the room look gaudy, visually overwhelming, and ridiculously childish. At Ginger Monkey, we choose to create designs that are contemporary, beautiful, and timeless. Plus, we specialise in making removable wallpaper so that you can use our product again and again. We have a few styles of boys and girls wallpaper, so here are our tips on how to make a statement with your kid’s wallpaper.
- A full wall mural. If you’re looking to create impact, a feature wall with a full wall mural is a gorgeous touch. Whether it’s a forest, the ocean, or this stunning snowy mountain scene, an unbroken image is an ideal foundation for a breathtaking room.
- Flower wallpaper. If you have a little girl who loves florals, she is going to adore the flower wallpaper from Ginger Monkey. The best part about our flower wallpaper is that it can tie into the room as your child grows. It fits nicely into a nursery, a child’s room, and even a teenagers room, so all you’ll need to change is the furniture!
- World map. Ginger Monkey’s world map design is a trendy choice for both girls and boys wallpaper. It makes for a stunning feature wall as well as an educational learning tool for your little one!
- Australian wallpaper. If you’re looking for a repetitive print kids wallpaper that you can use for the whole room, our Australian wallpaper is a perfect choice. We have stunning native florals, gum nuts, wattle and gum leaves that would suit any child’s room beautifully. Perfect for a gender neutral space.
Considerations To Make Before You Use Removable Wallpaper
Before applying your kids wallpaper, you need to make sure your wall is prepped, and you have everything you need.
- Prep the wall. Make sure your wall is primed and painted before you apply your boys or girls wallpaper. You’ll need to make sure the surface is smooth without cracks, holes, or peeling paint. Avoid using paints that have Teflon, chlorinated wax or silicone, or heavily textured finishes. If you have any picture hooks, remove them.
- Line everything up. Make sure your removable wallpaper is always level and lined up evenly. It’s okay if the wallpaper is overhanging, as you can always trim it later. Just make sure it’s level.
- Stick it down. Slowly remove the backing and stick the wallpaper down as you go. This is a two-person job, so make sure you have someone help you out. As you slowly stick the wallpaper to the wall, smooth it and remove the bubbles. If you come across any larger bubbles, gently lift the wallpaper off the wall and reapply.
- Line up the next panel of paper. Before you stick the second panel down, ensure it lines up with the first one entirely. Trust us; if it’s uneven, it’s going to annoy you. Continue lining up and sticking down the panels until the wall is covered in your kids wallpaper.
- Trim it down. Once you’ve finished, trim off the excess wallpaper from the bottom and the furthest right panel. It’s best if you use a Stanley knife to ensure you cut it evenly.
How To Match The Room’s Details To Your Kids Wallpaper
We’re sure you’ve seen plenty of picture-perfect kids bedrooms on Instagram and wondered how you could recreate them in your home. The simplest way to make your little one’s room look cohesive and gorgeous is by matching the details to your removable wallpaper. Here are our top tips for creating an Instagram-worthy bedroom.
- Choose the furniture carefully. You’ll want your child’s furniture to blend seamlessly with the girls or boy’s wallpaper you choose. If the tone of the room calls for pastel colours, make sure to use coloured furniture.
- Create storage options. We doubt all your child’s toys will match perfectly with your chosen kids wallpaper. You can prevent toys from ruining the room’s aesthetic by including plenty of storage options that integrate seamlessly with your wallpaper. Use baskets, containers, crates, or drawers to put away any objects that aren’t in use, and voila; a stunning bedroom.
- Make play the focus. Play is so crucially important for your little one’s development, so their bedroom should incorporate plenty of opportunities for them to enjoy themselves. This doesn’t mean, however, that you have to compromise on style. Consider integrating an exciting element like a rock climbing wall, a swing, a ball pit, or a chalkboard with your girls or boys wallpaper.
- Design a retreat for your child. While your little one’s bedroom should be fun, it should also be a place in which they feel safe, relaxed, and at home. You’ll want to create a space where your child can spend time by themselves if they need it. If you’re redecorating your kid’s room, perhaps get their opinion on style choices. This way, you’ll be sure to pick a boys or girls wallpaper they’ll adore.
A Few Pieces Of Inspiration To Get You Started
If you’re itching to design the perfect kids room, it’s probably time for you to start your vision board! The team at Ginger Monkey have put together a few pieces of inspiration using our removable wallpaper to get your creative juices flowing.
- The starry night nursery. Our Cloudy Night Sky print is a stunning option for girls or boys wallpaper. We’d pair this dreamy print with some gentle fairy lights, plenty of fluffy blankets, and neutral white and grey toned details.
- The Aussie florals bedroom. Ginger Monkey’s Gum Nuts & Leaves Australian wallpaper is reminiscent of a beautifully illustrated May Gibbs book. Decorate this room with plenty of natural fibre finishes, like wood, cotton, and linen. Little Aussie-themed toys, books, and cushions would blend wonderfully with our Australian wallpaper.
- The timeless girl’s room. Our favourite thing about the Black & White Peony and Rose flower wallpaper is that it would look amazing in any girl’s bedroom of any age. The furniture and details dictate the feel of this flower wallpaper, and it provides a long-lasting backdrop to be enjoyed for years. Use the neutral black and white tone of the paper to your advantage and highlight with any colours you’d like!
- The little grom’s room. If you live near the beach, you can bring your love of the ocean into your child’s room with this ocean wave wallpaper. It makes ideal boys or girls wallpaper, and it’s guaranteed to ignite your little one’s love of surfing, the beach, and the ocean. Incorporate plenty of ocean animal stuffed animals, natural wood colours, and warm lighting to create a beachy, fun atmosphere.
- The pastel girl’s bedroom. If you love flower wallpaper, you can incorporate it into your little girl’s room with ease. Our Rose Garden Watercolour girls wallpaper provides the perfect backdrop to spark creativity, adventure, and whimsy in any young girl’s mind. Try including a desk or work area so your little girl can enjoy drawing, reading, writing, and creating.
- The little astronaut’s room. An ideal girls or boys wallpaper, Ginger Monkey’s Watercolour Galaxy design is sure to inspire your little one to dream of exploring the universe. Decorate this room with all things space-themed and let your kids dream of galaxies far, far away.
If You’re After Australian Wallpaper, Look No Further Than Ginger Monkey
Whether you’re after boys wallpaper or girls wallpaper, Ginger Monkey has a vast selection of gorgeous contemporary wallpaper designs sure to make your child’s room an enchanting wonderland. We pride ourselves on being able to deliver the highest quality products Australia-wide. We only work with premium printers who use the finest materials available, so you can rest assured you’re getting the very best products from Ginger Monkey. If you’d like to browse our range of gorgeous kids wallpaper prints, head to our website today.