We accept PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Apple Pay.
Or you can pay with Afterpay...
Using Afterpay you can pay over 8 weeks and receive your order now!
There's no interest or added fees and nothing to pay when ordering. Payment will be automatically deducted from your debit or credit card in four equal payments each fortnight over 8 weeks, and you will receive your order immediately.
Each design is printed onto 250gsm, photo quality, gloss card. Our prints are available in 4 sizes - A4 (210 x 297mm) - A3 (297 x 420mm) - A2 (420 x 594mm) - A1 (594 x 841mm) and are supplied unframed.
We are happy to supply custom sizes to suit your requirement.
Each A4 print is packaged in a clear protective cello bag with a sturdy card backing for extra strength and is posted in a 'do not bend' large cardboard envelope.
A3, A2 and A1 prints are packaged in a large plastic protective bag or paper covering, rolled and delivered in a postage tube.
Ginger Monkey decals are made using a peel and stick, polyester fabric material that can be installed on virtually any flat, clean surface and then removed and reused many times over without leaving any adhesive residue.
Our decals are easy to apply and remove and will not shrink, rip or wrinkle. As the material is a polyester fabric, it’s Class A or 1 fire rated, green, non-toxic and perfectly safe to use anywhere in your home.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY YOUR DECALS
- Damp soft cloth for cleaning the wall.
- Credit card wrapped in a soft cloth to be used as a squeegee (optional).
- An extra pair of hands for large decals
PREPARE YOUR SURFACE
Only apply to a smooth, dry and clean surface – The most common areas include interior walls, doors and windows. If your decals is going onto a painted interior wall, make sure the wall has been properly primed prior
to painting and allow at least 30 days after painting before application. We recommend avoiding walls painted with a Teflon based paint as this may reduce the adhesion of your decal.
It is not recommended to use our decals on very textured or porous surfaces like brick, cement, etc. We suggest that you test the area for a couple of days first. Avoid placement above used fireplaces.
Use a warm, damp cloth or sponge to thoroughly clean the surface before application. Allow to completely dry.
Do not use any chemicals or cleaning solutions.
APPLYING YOUR DECAL
Depending on the size of your decal, it may be helpful to have an extra pair of hands for application.
- Starting from a corner, gently peel the entire decal from the backing liner. Do not allow the adhesive backing to come into contact with anything other than the wall. Try to avoid the adhesive layer from folding onto itself, however if it does, you can separate it by carefully pulling it apart. It should not damage the decal or adhesive.
- Apply the decal very lightly to the wall to check positioning. If you are not happy with the decal position, gently remove and reposition. This can be done multiple times, however if the adhesive collects too much dust or dirt, it may become less effective.
- Once you are happy with the position, start smoothing the decal out with your hand. We recommend starting from the centre and working out to the edges. A credit card wrapped in a soft cloth can be used as a squeegee, however this is not a requirement.
Our decals can be overlapped, clustered, folded and cut without damaging the decals or your wall. They are also 100% opaque so can be used over any colour paint.
If there are any bubbles or wrinkles present, you can lightly press or smooth them out, or just peel back that area and re-apply. If a bubble re-appears over the next day or two, pressing and lightly rubbing should remove it. Bubbles may continue to occur if oil, dirt, or dust has not been removed properly from the surface, if the wall had been painted within 30 days of application or cleaning chemicals were used during preparation.
DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR BACKING LINER - It may be required for future storage and transport of your decals.
Ginger Monkey decals are totally removable and reusable. If you wish to remove your decals, carefully peel them from the wall and re-apply to your backing liner. They can be rolled and stored for years to come.
See our Peony and Rose wall decal installation video for tips on how to apply your decals.
Ginger Monkey wallpaper is made using a peel and stick, polyester fabric material that can be installed on virtually any flat, clean surface and then removed and reused many times over without leaving any adhesive residue. Our wallpaper is easy to apply and remove and will not shrink, rip or wrinkle. As the material is a polyester fabric, it is Class A or 1 fire rated, green, non-toxic and perfectly safe to use anywhere in your home.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY YOUR WALLPAPER
- Damp soft cloth for cleaning the wall.
- Sharp knife (with new blade) and metal ruler for trimming.
- 2 people are recommended for DIY installation
(For a premium result you may wish to use a professional installer.)
PREPARE YOUR SURFACE
Only apply to a smooth, dry and clean surface – The most common areas include interior walls, doors and windows. It is NOT recommended to use our wallpaper on textured or porous surfaces like brick, cement, render, etc.
If you are concerned about your surface, we suggest that you test the area for a couple of days first.
It is highly recommended to prime your wall if your surface has:
- An existing paint job containing Teflon (some wash and wear paints contain Teflon)
- An old, damaged, or flaking existing paint job
- Wall surfaces with uneven surfaces, including cracks and panelling
Existing wallpaper should be removed from wall surface prior to the installation of new personalised wallpaper. Clear all furniture and other obstructions from your work area. Using a drop sheet to protect flooring is highly recommended. Note: Your wall surfaces should be clean, smooth, dry and free of debris.
If your wall is freshly painted, we recommend allowing 20 days to ensure the paint is completely dry before applying your wallpaper.
Use a warm, damp cloth or sponge to thoroughly clean the surface before application. Allow to completely dry. Do not use any chemicals or cleaning solutions. Remove any picture hooks or power switch plates.
APPLYING YOUR WALLPAPER
- Working left to right, starting with panel A, peel and fold back approximately 20cm of the backing liner. Do not remove the entire backing sheet. Crease the peel back with pressure so it sits flat.
- Using a step ladder, line up the top edge with your ceiling or cornice. Allow around 10mm overhang at the top of the wall for uneven walls. NOTE: There is an extra 20mm on the left edge of the first panel and 20mm on the right side of the last panel.
- Once aligned, gently apply the top of the panel onto the wall. Slowly and evenly peel back the backing sheet. Continue to smooth out gently with your hands. This process will require 2 people. One person should peel back the liner while the other smooths downwards with their hands. Work your way down and outwards to remove any air bubbles. Allow the wallpaper fall naturally into it’s place. Do not pull or stretch the wallpaper into place as this will result in bubbles and a poor finish. You should be able to feel any imperfections with your hands as you smooth. If you wish to re-align your wallpaper, simply peel back and reposition the panel.
- All additional panels are to applied in the same way as panel A.
NOTE: Each panel has a 20mm overlap onto the next panel. To line up the image on your wallpaper, simply align at the top, whilst person 2 aligns at the middle and bottom. Remember you can remove and reposition the panel at any time.
- When all panels have been applied, use a very sharp knife to trim any excess wallpaper.
Trimming can be done freehand or you can use a straight edge metal ruler to assist in keeping a straight line. Using your sharp knife trim off the excess along the top and bottom of the wall. You should have approx 20mm at each wall end and at the bottom of each panel.
NOTE: Carefully trim additional wallpaper around any switches or sockets by smoothing the wallpaper in a downward motion and crease it along the top of the switch or object. Using your knife, cut a cross in the centre of the switch or socket. Carefully make this cross bigger so that it reaches each corner of the switch. Firmly smooth the wallpaper up against each side of the switch. You can now trim around the switch and replace any covers.
No residue will be left behind after removal. Please ensure you slowly and gently peel back the wallpaper from the wall, as ripping may cause brittle or freshly painted walls to flake.
Ginger Monkey wallpaper can be re-applied to your backing liner and stored safely by rolling carefully for future use.
We will only email a proof for personalised prints, custom designs and wallpapers. All generic designs do not require approval prior to printing. Some basic personalised prints which only include a single letter or single name, may be printed and sent without a proof being provided - Please advise if you wish to see a proof prior to printing.
When checking your proof, please ensure you carefully check spelling, content and layout. If all is correct and you are happy for us to proceed, then you will need to confirm that your proof is approved and ready to print. No other changes can then be made.
Please note that due to various computer screen calibration, the colours that appear on your screen may differ slightly from the product you receive. Any slight variance is not considered defective and a refund will not be issued.